PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT, WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND PARENTAL/GUARDIAN CONSENT
In consideration of my participation in the Seo’s Martial Arts Fall 2017 Intramural (Tournament), hosted by Seo’s Martial Arts (Tournament Host), I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
- RISK IS INHERENT IN PARTICIPATION in the Tournament, and in related training and discipline, including risks from the use of equipment and facilities, the risk of extensive and severe physical injury, paralysis, disability, death, harassment, exposure to inappropriate conduct, as well as the risk of damage or loss of property.
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS; both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCEOR OMISSIONS OF THE Tournament, STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, REPRESENTATIVES and/or FELLOW PARTICIPANTS.
- I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and may lead to my dismissal and/or participationof any kind.
- I BELIEVE I AM QUALIFIED AND SUFFICIENTLY FIT TO PARTICIPATE in the Tournament.
- In consideration of my and/or the minor child’s participation in the Tournament provided by the Tournament Host, we acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
- Both Parent(s), Guardian(s) and/or Participant hereby voluntarily release Tournament Host, their agents or employees, and all other persons or entities from any and all liability, claims,demands, actions or rights of action, which are related to or are in any way connected with the Participant’s participation in the Tournament that may arise from or be related to any loss, damage,or injury, including death, that may be sustained by myself, my child or any personal property while participating in Tournament, programs and any and all other activities conductedand/or organized by Tournament Host, including specifically but not limited to negligentacts or omissions of Tournament Host their agents or employees, and all other persons or entities, for any and all injury, death and damage to myself, my child, any Parent or Guardian orto their property.
- I further agree that if, despite this release, I or anyone on my or the minor child’s behalf makes aclaim against the Tournament Host or any Releasees, I will indemnify, save and hold harmless each of the Releasees from any litigation expense, attorneys fees, loss liability, damage or costs that may incur as the resultof any such claim.
- PARTICIPANT PHYSICAL CONDITION: To the best of their knowledge, Parent(s), Guardian(s) and/or Participant state that the Participant is in good physical condition and has no knowledge of any physical condition,injury, or illness whatsoever which would place the Participant at risk connected with participatingin a martial arts instruction, programs or activities conducted by the Tournament Host.
- USE OF PERSONAL IMAGE: I, the Participant and Parent(s) and/or Guardian(s), irrevocably authorize the Tournament Host, its successors and assigns, and those acting under its authority, to copy, use, publish forart, advertising, trade or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, photographic portraits, pictures orvideotapes of the Participant, in which the Participant may be included in whole or part.
- IN SIGNING THIS ELECTRONIC DOCUMENT, I FULLY RECOGNIZE THAT IF ANYONE IS HURT OR PROPERTY IS DAMAGED WHILE THE PARTICIPANT OR MINOR CHILD IS A PARTICIPANT AT THE Tournament AND/OR ANY AND ALL OTHER ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED AND/OR ORGANIZED BY Tournament Host, I OR ANYONE ON THE PARTICIPANT’S BEHALF WHETHER OR NOT THE PARTICIPANT IS A MINOR, WILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE A CLAIM OR FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST Tournament Host OR THEIR OFFICERS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES, AND ALL OTHER PERONS OR ENTITIES (“Releasees”), EVEN IF THEY OR ANY OF THEM NEGLIGENTLY CAUSE THE BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
I have read this Agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. If I am signing this Agreement on my own behalf as a Participant, I state that I am over the age of eighteen years old.